Monday, August 07, 2006

Search Engine Optimisation for Careers in Saudi

The topic of SEO for recruitment is a subject that deserves a fair amount of attention, and I'll serve up some of the ingredients later in the week. However, it has just dawned on me that I neglected to mention a bold client in my last post. I touched on the confusion in Kuwait forgot to share with you the wonderful client who asked for advice in how to get their careers site on top of Google et al.

For many/any of you reading from the States this may seem trivial, however we are not aware of MEA clients who have any significant spend from their recruitment advertising budget going on search engines. Postbacks from any corporate recruiters in the Middle East or Africa who are, would be great!!

So there we were having a classy business lunch in the food court of Faisaliah Tower in Riyadh, which incidentally would not be out of place in Manhattan, Moscow or Kuala Lumpur, and the recruiter responsible for attracting SAP consultants to projects in Iran, Saudi and surrounding countries is asking how we intend to get them to the top of Mount Google.

This was somewhat of a turning point in my week. A great conversation ensued about how much effort/budget might have to be redeployed into any new and creative means that were likely to reach the eyeballs of overseas technical skills. The diversity of thought and effort going on in places like Saudi Arabia to address recruitment challenges would astound many people I think. I hope some of our suggestions over lunch come to light and really help source some great SAP people. Once we're done with the CPM's, banners and sponsored newsletters, I'll report back on how it went.

No comments: